Alpinestars Tech-Air Bag je revolucionaren elektronski airbag sistem, ki vonziku ponuja zaščito zgornjega dela telesa in svobodo vožnje po brezpotjih in navadnih cestah v različnih vremenskih pogojih. Sistem vključuje elektrnsko kontrolno enoto, komponente in airbag, Ko je le ta napolnjen prekriva hrbet, področje ledvic, prsni koš in ramena.
Alpinestars Tech-Air sistem je možno kupiti tudi posebej in ga uporabljati v kombinaciji z Alpinestars airbag kompatibilnimi jaknami. Za začetek sta to Valparaiso in Viper.
Prav tako je sistem možno uporabljati s katero koli vrsto motorja, brez potrebe po ponovni namestitvi ali rekonfiguraciji.
- The Tech-Air™ System has been designed to be used in conjunction with airbag-compatible outer jackets, which for the launch includes the Valparaiso For Tech-Air™ Jacket and the Viper For Tech-Air™ Jacket.
- Comprehensive inflatable upper body protection for back, shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen.
- Electronic sensors are securely and unobtrusively incorporated within the system’s chassis (in the shoulder area), meaning the vest is completely self-contained and allows it to be worn interchangeably between compatible jackets.
- Constructed from a strong and durable mesh main shell with stretch poly-fabric on shoulders and torso for a compact and secure fit that is close to the rider’s body while allowing complete freedom of movement.
- Incorporates removable inner mesh and elastic Velcro® waistband to position airbag system to customize fit and improve adjustability.
- Full internal back lining constructed from 3D mesh for optimized levels of ventilation and breathability.
- The Airbag Control Unit (ACU) of Tech-Air™ is incorporated within strong, lightweight polymer back protector, which features an ergonomic plate construction for structural strength and a fit to follow the natural contours of the back.
- Tech-Air™ ACU is seal-protected within vest to ensure its all-weather performance and the vest and componentry are certified to function between -10⁰C and +50⁰C.
- Tech-Air™ ACU includes two connector cables allowing the rider to quickly and easily connect up to the outer jacket. ACU has been homologated to ECE R10 04, which ensures the electromagnetic integrity and stability of the unit.
- Tech-Air™ uses an integrated, certified lithium ion battery, with a battery life of 25 hours and a recharge time of approximately 6 hours. Micro USB charger allows convenient recharging of system, with one hour of charging time giving four hours of riding coverage.
- Color coded front YKK zippers allow for vest to be easily and securely attached to outer jacket.
- Argon inflator cartridges are CE certified to ISO 14451 standard, meaning that they will only fire if commanded by the electronic unit. It also certifies that the cartridges can be safely handled, assembled and transported.
- System’s firmware is upgradable and external service record will be managed by a custom-made data portal.
o Tech-Air™ is Category II CE Certified to the 686/89/EEC European PPE Directive, using a version of EN1621- 4:2013, which guarantees impact protection performance from 25 milliseconds to 5 seconds.
o Certified to function at -10°C and +50°C to guarantee system’s use in wide range of weather conditions.
o Tech-Air™ design and manufacture is CE certified to the 2007/23/EC pyrotechnic directive, guaranteeing it has been assembled following all pyrotechnic handling and safety regulations.